"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Monday, August 15, 2011

Idaho: Day Five

Picking huckleberries on the side of a mountain somewhere in the National Forest - the essence of summer in Idaho, shared with my Ethiopian kiddos.  Ashagre was completely in his element tromping through the forest picking berries, and Elsa did a good job making sure we didn't have to compete with any bears for our berries with her loud singing (yes, she was singing Michael Franti songs) and shouting.  Can't wait for vanilla ice cream and huckleberries for desert tonight!








Mission accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. So fun to share your childhood memories with new kids! Enjoy those berries. Susan Pd

    ReplyDelete