"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Day in Idaho (Nearly Wordless)












Helping Grandpa Corey mow the back field. 


Looking for big orange pumpkins in Farmer Doug's
crops behind my parent's house.


Not pictured: the nearly 2 hour game of Trouble played by the four of us and ice cream on the front porch after a long day of swimming.  Tomorrow its hiking, maybe some rock wall climbing and a ride on a chairlift before we meet up with the Mannings for the Michael Franti concert.  Saturday's shaping up to be another beach day, this time with lots of new friends and some boat rides.  Sunday Uncle Shea has offered to carve out some time for us and show us the best place to pick huckleberries.  After that - there's absolutely nothing planned.  The kids seem to be getting the best of what northern Idaho has to offer.

2 comments:

  1. How much fun! You guys look like you're having a blast! So glad to see everyone enjoying themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, makes me miss Idaho. Have fun!

    Elizabeth, in cool and not-so-sunny Seattle

    ReplyDelete