"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Friday, August 17, 2012

Peeny Butter Fudge

The kids LOVE this book by Toni Morrison and have been asking to make Peeny Butter Fudge for many months. Brent finally remembered to add the ingredients to our shopping list and the kids and I whipped up a batch last Friday afternoon.








The fudge wasn't really all that fudgey and was grainy and tasted pretty bad, but the kids loved it. Nothing like a little pride in a job well done to make something taste great. Maybe I should have them start cooking their own dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment