"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back to School

My FB post pretty much sums it up: First day drop off was as smooth as butter. Hoping to cruise through this transition just as smoothly, but preparing myself for other outcomes. Summer's over. Bring on the highly scheduled chaos.





My finger accidentally brushed my phone and resulted
in this awesome outtake. 

Had to get one with the new shoes.

A friend snapped this one in the classroom after I
left. Looks like she settled right back in.

What my post doesn't explain is the lump I carried around in my throat for most of the morning. How do they grow so fast (and when did I become a lamenting parent)?

4 comments:

  1. all that hair and all those smiles. these two are gems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I will be lamenting with you next week. And today as I head back to work. Big sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Elsa's hair! I hope our first day of school goes this well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elsa's sneakers with the dress with the cool yarn twists= super styleeeeeeee.

    ReplyDelete