"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Totally That Mom

...that didn't hear the head swim instructor ask parents to sit back on the fringes so as not to distract their kids' lessons.  That mom that followed her kids around the pool, ignoring the instructor's annoyed looks, trying to capture their first swim lesson.  That mom that only felt mildly bad about her behavior when her husband pointed out that all the other parents seemed to be listening to the rules and following them.






Elsa was a rock star.  She had no problem walking off hand in hand with her instructor, listening, and working hard to learn how to swim - all with a huge smile on her face.  Ashagre was a little more apprehensive at first and totally all over the place until his instructor took him to the other end of the pool, as far away from mom and dad as possible.  He relaxed in the end and also seemed to have a good time.

Lesson number is two tomorrow.  I won't bring the camera.

2 comments:

  1. You just need a camera with a paparazzi lens! I like that Brent was pointing out rule-following to you. Laughable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're hilarious. You're paying for those lessons and they are YOUR children! You go mama. Take those pictures.

    ReplyDelete