So I've really been struggling with writing here lately. It seems like all I'm motivated to write about is probably not fodder for a public blog (not all bad stuff either, some of its really good, its just personal), and I haven't found motivation to write anything else. I have actually written several posts but never pushed publish. I know I already share more than most, but I've really been struggling with having to look my kids in the eye one day when they are asking me, "How could you write that about me?" I have to respect their rights to share their stories with whomever they want (or don't). So, until I figure out how to navigate this place I'm in right now I'll just stick to cute photos of the kids. At least the grandparents will be happy.
Today, on the last day of the last weekend before Halloween I turned Elsa's hair into princess hair, carved pumpkins with the kids, and roasted pumpkin seeds. Oh, and we finished Elsa's room (actually Brent finished Elsa's room). I'm hoping the playroom will cool down enough in the next hour or so, and I can get started on sewing Ashagre's costume. I know, I'm pushing it. He doesn't let me forget.
The princess do:
Pumpkin carving
 |
| Daddy cutting the tops off. |
 |
Ashagre was determined to carve a haunted house.
Here he is tracing his pattern. |
 |
| Elsa came up with her own design. |
 |
| Watch out! She's got a knife! |
 |
| Careful concentration. |
 |
| Dedicated focus. |
 |
| Helping me with the pumpkin seeds. |
 |
| Mission accomplished. He did this all by himself! |
 |
| Her scary robot pumpkin. |
 |
| My pumpkin. |
 |
| Brent's pumpkin. |
And, finally, Elsa's completed bedroom. She, of course, picked the colors.
Simply beautiful...
ReplyDeleteNICE PUMPKINS! Here on the north east they rot within a few days of carving. true story. I forgot about that and T opens the top and scream cause it looks like its bleeding and sticks his hand in the mold laden top. ..... sigh... Fun times.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about writing. Perhaps when you reach a bit... out of the thick of it/hindsight.. maybe the writing will be easier if you want to start up again. And perhaps it will be easier to write, when you are through it and see a larger picture. It's less personal. Less about 'what are they doing!?!?!?' and more 'who I'm becoming??" and even a lot of 'what have I DONE!". ;-)
Hair looks fantastic. A topper to that great princess outfit you made. Those pumpkins are amazing. I still just punch a hole in one and call it art. I'd call it Stevey, but it doesn't look anything like him.
ReplyDeleteReally wish the kids could go trick or treating with Uncle Trent. Think they would have a blast together.
Give them our best and hope they have a great time.