"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Sunday, October 21, 2012

It Doesn't Feel Like Fall

But I spent last night crafting with tulle to create the perfect princess dress for our little princess. When she woke in the morning she scampered across the living room on her toes squealing with delight and just had to try it on.  She couldn't stop telling me how awesome I was and how pretty she looked all morning.

We had pumpkin waffles for breakfast and afterwards traveled out to Santa Paula to the Faulkner Farms Pumpkin Patch. We toured the farm by tractor, found our way through the straw and corn mazes, visited the petting zoo (Elsa petted and Ashagre removed himself quickly), and found the perfect pumpkins. There's still finishing touches to the princess dress and an Ethiopian flag cape to sew for Ashagre's costume.

So it must be fall.

A princess in the making.












We told them what ever size pumpkin they wanted,
so long as they could carry it to the wheelbarrow.
Ashagre found the biggest pumpkin there and promptly
carried it to the wheelbarrow.

Elsa wasn't held back by our limitation either. Her
pumpkin is only slightly smaller than Ashagre's.



3 comments:

  1. Great Pictures! Looks like Fall to me! LOVE the princess dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun! Can't wait to see them carved! Your fall looks warmer than our fall. Maybe I like yours better lol.

    ReplyDelete