"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall Firsts

In his typical fashion, Ashagre learned to ride his bike today. It was his second day on his bike since he got it. It took less than 20 minutes. After the second solo ride down our block he was taking fast, sharp turns and looking around the neighborhood as he rode. It was as if he'd been riding a bike for years...






And, of course, our first family pumpkin carving.

They started out on the little pumpkins they got on
their school field trip to the pumpkin patch. 



Happy Face. 100% his design and 99% his handiwork.

Scary Face. 100% his work and design.

Tired Face. 100% her design and artistry.

Elsa showing Uncle Woosha-Dog her Fall First - the
first book she can read ALL BY HERSELF (yes, she
has only been exposed to English for 8 months.)

Teamwork on pumpkin number two.

Our masterpieces are complete.

Lighting them up. Elsa is giving you a sneak-preview
of a key piece of her halloween costume.


Boo!


3 comments:

  1. The picture of the lit pumpkins is awesome!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I was too afraid to actually carve the pumpkins in our apartment, but I wish we had! Those pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete