"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Our First Attempt at Making Injera - Day 1

Everything we need can be found at the local health food store.



A little help from Uncle Shea.

The best part of making injera is that it's best mixed with your hands!







Now we wait.  The injera batter must sit and ferment for  36-48 hours.  So, if all goes well we'll be eating fresh, spongy injera on Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Boy, Fermented injera. Hmmmm...Has to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, it's really just like sourdough, which you also have to ferment, or let sour, before cooking. I guess it could be considered an acquired taste, but I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my husband is making this for tomorrow! he has tried several different recipes and none have turned out that well, so let me know how yours goes :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay! That looks like a lot of fun! Let me know how it tastes today!!!!

    ReplyDelete