I love baking with the kids. Yes, it's messy and yes, it requires a lot of coordination and patience, but they love it and its a lot of fun. I think I can't help but remember how much I liked to bake things with my mom when I was the kids' age and get a lot of joy out of creating that for my kiddos now.
 |
A great child management technique: one kid does
the dry ingredients while the other preps the wet. |
 |
| Dry. |
 |
| Wet. Notice the tongue-assisted concentration. |
 |
| The mixer has yet to cease eliciting squeals of delight. |
 |
| She's still concentrating. |
 |
| Mom, put the camera down and help me. |
The cookies (oatmeal chocolate chip) actually didn't turn out that well. In my efforts to keep the ratios of ingredients relatively right (No, Ashagre, use the measuring cup before putting the flour in the bowl.) I forgot that we were a little short on oatmeal and that the comments on the online recipe recommended adding more oatmeal or flour because the cookies tended to spread out too much in the oven. I intended to compensate with more flour but forgot. So, some of the cookies are thin crisps because I baked them until they held together and some of them are sticky blobs because I took them out sooner in hopes they would be more chewy. Oh, well, they taste good and we had fun.
By the way, the title of this post comes from Elsa. When asked what kind of cookies she would be making today she informed the inquirer "cookie chips."
Haha, love the tongue - that is exactly what Yohanis does when he's focusing on something.
ReplyDeleteNow she's a member of the Safranski clan. lol Her grandma Wendy does that to this day!
ReplyDelete