"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Uncle Shea is Here!

My brother Shea arrived in Ventura last night.  He's on the dawn of a big journey - Hawaii to visit our sister and her family and some friends, and then off to Australia?, New Zealand?, Southeast Asia?, India?   He specifically put the start of his adventure on hold until he could meet his new niece and nephew.

The kids ADORE him, especially Elsa, who is always in her element when its time to be silly and crazy.  So, since photo posts still seem to be about all I can pull off these days, here's some pictures of our first day with Uncle Shea.

I think the adoration is mutual.

New pop-up books from Grandma and a display of how much
she loved her Indian buffet for lunch - besides getting it all
over her pants, she ate a huge plate of chicken tikka, dahl,
naan, and aloo.

Ashagre LOVES books.

And is pretty stinkin' cute in Uncle Shea's hat.  I think I see
dread-locks in his future.

2 comments:

  1. OK, has anyone said Ashagre looks like Whoopi Goldberg?? Check out the picture with Uncle Shea's hat....
    Elizabeth in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I actually had that thought when I saw the picture too. We have another one from Layla House where he looks like a mini-Obama, so I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete