"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Thursday, December 16, 2010

24 PJ's, $20, 38 Pairs of Socks and Approximately 20 Pairs of Shoes and Counting



Over the past week our friends and colleagues have thrown us some wonderful "kid showers" (pictures from one kid shower, including "sledding" in California in 80 degree weather to come soon).  Besides the opportunity to relish in the excitement of our growing family with some of our favorite people, our kid showers have already greatly benefitted Ashagre and Elsa's friends in Ethiopia.  Combined with a few donations from friends answering the call in my past blog post, the showers have generated the above supplies (plus many more shoes that I couldn't fit on the bed) for the kids living at Layla House.

Many thanks to our thoughtful kid shower hosts and hostesses: Laura, Laurie, Chris E., Trish, Barbara, Terry and Sandie!  Also a huge thanks to everyone that has provided PJ's, shoes, and socks for our supply drive!

If you would like to add to the pile on Elsa's bed, feel free to send your supplies - PJs, shoes, and socks - our way.  It's looking like we won't be traveling back to Ethiopia until the end of January at the earliest so there is still plenty of time.

3 comments:

  1. What??? The end of January??? What happened???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just being realistic. Apparently our agency hasn't received our court decree yet (the paperwork from court). Until that happens they can't do much to move us forward toward an Embassy appointment, like get the kids' birth certificates, etc. Another family that went to court and passed the same day as us received their court decree last week and they are still (barely, I think) in the running for the Jan. 12th embassy date, but since ours isn't in yet, I am trying to realistically reset my expectations. Now hoping for a date of Jan. 26th

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh drat!! That's all I can say.

    BTW, you should receive a package on Wednesday.

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete