"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sledding in 80 Degree Weather: Kid Shower #1

Last weekend our friends Laura, Christoph, Laurie, and Chris threw us a wonderful kid shower in a park near our house - Arroyo Verde.  We picked the right weekend, because the weekend before and the current weekend were/are cold and rainy.  Last Saturday was sunny and in the 80's - a perfect day for a potluck in the park.

When we arrived we found tons of clothes strung between two trees and a picnic table full of food and flowers.  Most of our friends started arriving shortly after we did, and the day was really great - good friends, good conversations, and adorable kiddos.  It was really fun for Brent and I because we finally got to introduce some of our newer Ventura friends to our longtime Catalina Island friends.  Everyone seemed to enjoy each other's company, and we promised to all get together again.

On a whim, one family brought ice blocks, and the boys enjoyed ice blocking down the grassy hills at the park.  Who says an 80 degree December day in southern California isn't a good time to go sledding?

Here are some pictures from a great day.

We also got to meet Baby O for the first time!











This kid's got so much style.  We adore him and are
so excited that he is the same age as Elsa & Ashagre.

Ashagre and Elsa made out with some adorable clothes and some great gifts, but even more importantly they have a great group of friends ready to love and support them when they finally arrive in California.




No comments:

Post a Comment