"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Exactly One Week Until We Leave for Ethiopia

Happy Halloween!

Brent and I aren't doing much for Halloween this year - we really haven't had time to organize costumes.  Brent did come up with a good idea though - hopefully it will still seem funny when we are parents next Halloween.  Both of our jobs are asking a lot of us before we leave - you know tying up loose ends 'cause they won't know what to do without us while we're gone :).  When we're not working, we are getting everything organized for the trip.  Today's task is to give the house a good deep cleaning so our friend can feel comfortable staying in it for 3 weeks.

Most of our travel arrangements are made.  We have our hotel room in Addis Ababa, our driver to Sidama, and our horse trekking dates booked.  We figure we can make necessary arrangements for the latter half of our trip once we're in Ethiopia - it will be so much easier than trying to do it from here.

I think we pretty much have everything we need for the trip.  I went out to the outlet mall on Friday to look for a long skirt for our court date, since that what our agency recommended.  Long skirts are not so much in fashion these days, and I was getting discouraged until I came across this awesome dress store in which the average age of everyone in the store, including the saleswomen, was late sixties - early seventies.  They had plenty of long skirts made out of all kinds of synthetic materials (polyester anyone?) to choose from and they were cheap too!  We are also going to pick up something fun to do with the kids - some sort of activity that their friends can do too - but that's about it.

Just a short little update for y'all since everything is getting so close.  I am hoping that we can post updates from Ethiopia while we're there, but we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting so excited to see those two beautiful children!! I'm busting at the seams!

    ReplyDelete