"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Friday, October 22, 2010

Ashegre

A few days ago we received a special treat from a fellow adoptive mom that just traveled to Ethiopia to meet her little boy, who is the same age as our kids - two short videos of Ashegre and some gorgeous photos of him.  We also learned how to properly pronounce his name.  In one of the videos, his caretaker says his name very clearly.  Instead of A-SEG (like segment)-RAY its A-SHAG (like the carpet)-RAY, hence the new spelling in this post.

We have actually already seen his name spelled 4 different ways on different pieces of paper work: Asegre, Ashegre, Ashagre, and Ashagere.  While 3 of the 4 spellings contained an 'h' we decided to use Asegre, because that is how our agency thought his name was pronounced.  Turns out they were wrong.  We'll see what final spelling he actually comes home with and decide from there - we have to change his name anyway during re-adoption because he will come home with the middle name Brent, as will Elsa.  Even Brent isn't too crazy about this, so we will change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment