"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Status Update: Homestudy

Got an email two days ago from our placement agency that they weren't all that impressed with the work done by our homestudy agency (except the part of the report about us, which they said was great). Apparently our homestudy agency follows a different protocol that our placement agency expects in terms of what a homestudy should include and how it should be presented.

After finding myself in the middle of some pretty snarky emails between the two agencies (can we say professionalism), I think our homestudy agency understands that, despite the fact that they think they are doing it the "right" way, they must make our placement agency happy.

Hopefully we'll see a new draft soon and we'll get the thumbs up from our placement agency. Until then, nothing moves forward.

On a more positive note, I found a pediatrician for the kids today. He is wonderful. He actually goes to Africa often to treat orphans and holds dinners and get-togethers here in Ventura for families that have adopted from Africa. Best news yet: he's covered by my HMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment