"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Begin It Now

Another adoptive momma I had the pleasure of meeting over the phone today and will get to meet in person in Addis Ababa in about a week sent me the following quote today in response to my post about energy (Not Your Momma's Mini Van):

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans; that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now."   Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

We did it.  We took that first step and began this crazy adoption journey.  I am so excited to begin the next chapter of our family's story. 

Thanks Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment