"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pictures of the Kids' Room!

My last post was a bit dreary.  Here is something much more cheery (cheesy rhyme not intended, but I decided to go with it).

A couple pictures of the kids' room!  It's definitely not done and doesn't quite feel comfy yet, but it is cute and bright.

A small but colorful space.


Elsa's bed.

Asegre's bed.
 
And, so you can better understand some of my stress, the before picture.  Most of this stuff is now in the middle of our living room!

 Off to work...

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. So the dogs beraking in the beds for them? Now the real reason for this post. I was looking at the shirts you made for them. I was wondering what "En wed eh SHAH leha" meant. I'm a bit rusty in Amharic, as in don't know a single word of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. En wed eh SHAH leha is the phonetic pronunciation for "I Love You" in Amharic. Unfortunately, it didn't print well on the kids t-shirts so it looks nothing like its supposed to.

    ReplyDelete