"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Fried Turkey

Wow. It's been so long since I sat down to type anything here that I really don't even know how to start. We've been continuing to hibernate while gearing up for the big California family Christmas at our new house. My parents and my sister's family, including her two kids that are the same age as Elsa and Ashagre, arrive in a week and a half. We can't wait. Family is what Christmas is all about, and our kids cannot wait to meet their cousins for the first time. Our kids have always lived by the motto, the more family the better, and, as Brent said the other night, we'll be making some memories this year.

Ok, I'll just say it; I can't think of a decent segue or transition. I need to post our Thanksgiving pictures (which were taken by our friend Anastasia and are gorgeous, except she's missing from all of them) so I can post pictures from today's excursion to get our Christmas tree. Our Thanksgiving this year was exactly what it should be - full of good friends, great food, strolls around the block, laughs, and overly stuffed bellies. Big hugs and thanks to Anastasia and her family for including us! So, with no further rambling, here are our Thanksgiving pictures (now that we're nearly half-way through December).


Nathan keeps watch on the turkey.


Pre-dinner walk, scoot, ride.

A captivating movie.

A little scary for one; luckily a good friend was nearby.

Deep-fried perfection.

The adult's table minus one.

Kid's table.


After dinner stroll to make room for ...

Dessert!

Post-dessert tickles from Daddy.


Brent, animal whisperer.

Making music and getting sleepy.



1 comment: