"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Let's Go Dodgers

Holding steady with the essence of summertime theme, we took the kids to their first professional baseball game last night. They had no idea what to expect. The sheer size of Dodger Stadium, literally, took their breath away. The rest of the night played out in proportions as epic as that first feeling of vertigo as we settled into our place in the stands overlooking the diamond below. Even the game itself was epic when the Dodgers, who had been up by one run or so most of the game, lost in the 9th inning as the Padres stole home - twice in a row.

Elsa loved cheering for the Dodgers. She quickly figured out all of the standard cheers and put her heart into it. She was deeply disappointed that they lost. Ashagre enjoyed watching the game; its amazing how much he has learned about the intricacies of baseball in little league and how easily he could follow what was going on.

Pre their first ever taste of cotton candy:





Post cotton candy:




4 comments:

  1. Here we go, BREWERS, here we go! Just thought I'd throw in a little rivalry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so fun! i'm loving the pre- and post- photos. nothing beats a good ole sugar high. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE her bantu knots, looks so good! and i love baseball games with kids. so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete