It's official. Tonight Brent and I were handed the keys to our new house; we're homeowners! This is quite the accomplishment for a couple that used to never stay in one place for more than three months. What's even more remarkable to me is how right it feels - things sure have changed over the last year.
We're keeping our rental through May, so we've got some time to refinish the wood floors in the new place (Brent is currently over there pulling baseboards up in hopes of being able to rent a sander tomorrow morning), and take our time transitioning from our homey, moldy spanish-style bungalow to our new 50's tract-style pad.
The kids seem to be weathering the whole process pretty well. There's lots of repetitive questions about what will be coming with us and when we'll be sleeping in the new house, but we get that on days Daddy takes them to school instead of Mommy. They can't wait to ride in the moving truck! Tonight they were big helpers as Daddy started pulling baseboard, and they seemed to enjoy the huge driveway to ride their scooters in. I think I'll take them to the home improvement store tomorrow after their baseball game to gather some paint samples for their new bedrooms.
It's been a LONG, eventful day (recap of Elsa's Student Spotlight Presentation coming soon), and I'm exhausted, so I think I'll just leave you all with a few pictures from our little ceremony tonight (sorry FB friends, these are the same pictures I posted a little while ago). A huge thanks to Roman, our hard-working realtor and great friend - you are officially welcomed into the family as Aunty Roman.
 |
| Family photo on the front porch. |
 |
| Time to celebrate! |
 |
| Cheers! |
 |
| The woman that made it all happen - Roman. |
 |
| Cooking our first dinner in our new house. |
 |
Brent wasted no time getting started on a project - he
hopes to get the wood floors refinished this weekend. |
 |
| Eager to learn from and help Daddy. |
 |
| Construction clean-up/dance-party. |
YAY!! Home owners! I'm so happy for you guys! I know you'll make the place look great! It sure looks nice inside. When Brent refinishes those floors it will look BEAUTIFUL! (The floors don't look that bad in pictures.) Now I can't wait to come see that home. :) Looks like Elsa has found her new house acceptable! lol
ReplyDeletecongrats!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Now to make your house a home. I'm so happy for you. Really. It's weird how happy I am considering we've never met. :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful, congratulations! I can't wait to see it all progress. Best wishes for many joyful adventures in your new home.
ReplyDeleteI am in full agreement w/ Kim above.
ReplyDeleteHere's to "cross-country" congrats!!
I am giddy w/ happiness for all of you!
Congradulations and good luck with your move. I remember discussing how difficult buying a home in Ca can be... Have fun but dont let those home improvement projects get the best of you.
ReplyDeleteAmanda
that little dance is adorable. congrats on the house!
ReplyDelete