There have been few words rattling around in my head asking me to try and make something coherent out of them lately, and so Our Perfect Space sits unattended to. Life has just been - life.
We had a good rough patch with our rough-around-the-edges kiddo and were thankful when an insightful parent-teacher conference helped us step out from the drudgery of the day to day to celebrate the progress that colors the big picture. We changed up our parenting approach, and said kiddo has been a bit less jagged the past few days. I'm sure the rough stuff will return when our new approach becomes predictable, but, for now, I'm going to soak up as many sweet snuggles and easy redirections as I can.
Our days have been punctuated by simple routines and sunny afternoon baseball games. Oh, and we've started packing; if all goes as planned the house will be ours on Friday. So, without further rambling, I present you life, as captured by my iPhone (all that's really missing are the baseball games).
 |
Doctors appointments in LA followed by a stop in Little Ethiopia for lunch
mean leftover-night raves from the little Ethiopians. |
 |
I packed the first box and quickly became overwhelmed. A few days later
Brent took on the packing and got so much done he had to go out in search
of more boxes. (When boxes mysteriously show up in your driveway Saturday
morning, is it safe to assume your neighbors are trying to tell you something?). |
 |
| "Helping" Daddy change out the brake pads on his truck. |
 |
| Ashagre was eager to help pack. |
 |
Elsa was more interested in having Mommy do her hair and paint her toenails
(how could I say no to such a beautiful girl?) |
 |
| The current state of our living room. |
 |
Elsa has been counting down the days that she gets to be in the Student
Spotlight at school. She worked really hard on her poster and can't wait for
Mommy, Daddy, and Ashagre to come to her class on Friday and listen to
her presentation. |
 |
| One more. Because she really is this beautiful. |
We moved when Max was 6 months old and I remeber it as epic. I cannot imagine what it would be like now!! You look like you're making some serious progress. My best moving advice (not that you asked for it, but here it is anyway :-): label your boxes on the side (visible when stacked) and in detail - it only takes seconds to list out the contents, but it can take hours to find something crucial if you have to look for it in dozens of boxes.
ReplyDeleteI love your new place - sometimes the 'blank canvas' houses are more fun since you can really decide what you want it to be.
Elizabeth
love. I love the moving. Dislike the packing - cleaning.
ReplyDeleteLove checking in with you all. Moving is the most stressful thing...take care of yourselves. It was so much easier for me to take a family of 5 to Europe for a year (2 X) than to move 6 miles across town with all our possessions. You'll be glad when it's over and some boxes will never be unpacked is my experience. xo xo
ReplyDeleteCongrats, you guys, how exciting! We wish you the best in your new chapter...moving into a new home is always exciting, especially when you can add your own charm and sweet memories with it. Looking forward to seeing it when we get back. And tell Elsa I said her poster looks great and Good Luck for her presentation Friday :)
ReplyDelete