One of the treats of living in southern California is you can garden year round. It's also a bit of a challenge for Brent and me because it means we must sustain our attention to our garden throughout the year when its more natural for us, being born and raised in climates with good hardy winters, to let our farming instinct go dormant for a good half of the year. Last spring, shortly after the kids came home we planted a garden together as a family. It didn't do so well. Our lives got pretty hectic and we didn't keep up on watering (a no-no when it only rains 14" a year if you're lucky). Ashagre's much-anticipated corn died. He hasn't forgotten.
This weekend we decided to give it another go with some winter veggies - greens, lettuces, broccoli, cabbage and some herbs. I'm pretty sure Ashagre will make sure we keep up on the watering, if not just take care of it himself.
 |
Everything is right in the world when our Sidama
Boy is diggin' in the dirt planting veggies. |
 |
Boys planting the broccoli while the girls take on the
mustard greens. |
 |
| Little Miss City Girl is starting to get pretty into it too. |
 |
Now all we have to do is remember to water and keep
the chickens at bay. |
I think I'm rendered speechless with jealousy! Although I am enjoying our much-anticipated snow here in Idaho!
ReplyDelete