"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Children Play With Earth

Okay,
The way kids are living is 100% European
African boys and girls:
Set down your Nintendo joysticks right now!
Unplug the television and make way for an old vision
Which will now be a new vision
Yes
Headliner, lay the foundation



Dig your hands in the Dirt,
That's right 
Children play with earth
That's right (X 10)

Gain knowledge of the big but small earth around you
Dig your hands into the dirt, the dirt that made you
Get acquainted with the earth, the earth that eventually will take you
And the world that hopefully will appear to wake you
Children,
Play in the fields
Play in the grass
Climb Mr. Tree
Get to know each branch
Give it a name
For the branches resemble the many decisions you will have to make in life
Eat of the earth children
Grow an apple tree 
Taste the apple
Communicate
Watch and listen to the neglected mother of all
Short tall children play with earth

Eat rhubarb wet from the rain
Beautiful fruits all the same
Pears, oranges, and grapes from the vine
Children it is the earth's time


LYRICS BY ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT


Saturday Garden Workday at the kids' school: Bringing our Sidama boy happily back to his roots and giving our city girl the chance to connect to Mamma Earth too.





2 comments: