The kids are now tucked snuggly in their beds and today's the day (or tomorrow would be fine too). It's time to de-lurk. If you've been reading for a while and never commented or if its been a while since you commented why not come out of hiding and say hi. Let us know who's out there. How did you find us? What keeps you coming back? We'd love to hear from you.
I mean, come on, where else would you get to view this?
This has got to inspire a comment or two. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Corey for the hour long giggle fest. As much as I shouldn't admit it now that I'm a mom, a little potty humor is sure to elicit a uncontrollable laughter, and who doesn't need a little more of that in their lives?
I love the tag-team effort! What's a brother for, if not to make the whoopie cushion work?
ReplyDeleteI'm here! Love reading your blog and so wish I would have been able to meet you guys in Ethiopia when Joel was there!
ReplyDeleteA whoopie cushion should always be a source of fun! I love reading your unfolding story of becoming a family, working it all out, seeing how the kids are growing and changing. Your blog makes me smile and really think about things whenever I read it. As a reminder, I am up in Santa Barbara, Brent did some work on our French doors just as you headed off to Ethiopia to get the kids.
ReplyDeleteHi Dakota,
ReplyDeleteI thought I would respond to the open invitation to introduce myself. My name is Deena and I found your blog several months ago when my husband and I were researching the possibility of adopting from Ethiopia. Without sounding creepy, I check your blog at least once every other day to see if there's a new post because it's my favorite in its genera. It seems that you and your husband are the only couple out there who have not approached adoption, and parenting in general, from a religious standpoint and it's a huge relief.
We have definitely decided to adopt from Ethiopia (we're also aiming for two at once), but our agency of choice won't accept our application until things get settled with new regulations. That said, your blog has been a source of education, a few (good) tears, and many smiles. If you and the family are ever in New Mexico I'd love to take you for some Mexican food.
Thank you for each and every post.
Warm regards,
Deena
deenacrawley@gmail.com
Deena - Thanks for de-lurking! I was hoping to hear from a few new voices with this post. If you're looking for a few more Ethiopian blogs that aren't heavy on the religion check out my blog roll on the right-hand side of the blog. Check out Agnostic Adoption, Art From the Lost Planet, Give All to Love, Selam-Ubuntu, and The Sweetest Thing (no clue on Cindy's religious stand-point; she never blogs about it either way). There are many others on there too. Some with a little more religion than others, but they're all wise mammas and many are good friends.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm not a new voice, but it's been a while so I'm happy to de-lurk (again). Our two boys, Charlie (9) and teddy (5) thought this was absolutely hilarious. Teddy asked why your kids have brown skin, so I got to explain that they were adopted from Ethiopia, like a kid in his kindergarten class (and one of Charlie's classmates is adopted too). So glad to be able to read about your journey!
ReplyDeleteHi Dakota-- I am officially de-lurking! Never heard of it before now, but I admit, I might steal your idea. It sure opens up more connections.
ReplyDeleteI always look forward to your posts.
Hope all is well today in your 'neck of the woods.'
--Mary Beth
http://selam-ubuntu.blogspot.com/
I'm out here too Dakota and Brent...I never drop a story at the very beginning! Susan PD
ReplyDeleteNot sure if I've ever commented. But I do follow you all and think you're great! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Dakota
ReplyDeleteI think I posted once a long time ago. I'm Amanda, Jon and I met you guys in Ethiopia when we were there for court and you were waiting for an embassy appointment. It has been wonderful to keep up with how things are unfolding for your family. We have been home with Medhanit for about 10months. I loved watching the this video-hysterical! Be well,
Amanda Mills
Asheville, NC
Hi Dakota, I'm out here too! I love your blog and am a devoted reader. Your adventure amazes me and offers such invaluable perspective. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteBest, Jamie