"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was. I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need. I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place."

- The Avett Brothers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Girl's Best Friends

Tonight during the bedtime story - I think she would have let them stay if
Ashagre would have been ok with them in the room at night. (Yes, each dog
is about double her weight.)

Ten months ago this girl totally shut down and broke into hysterical, scared-to-the-core screams at just the sight of our dogs.

The times they have a changed. Tonight, for over an hour, Elsa and Lola were engaged in a hysterical back and forth game where Elsa would blow a raspberry on Lola's belly and then scramble away as quickly as she could as Lola chased her down to smother her with kisses. The level of hysterics was just about equal, but this time it was hysterical laughter and utter joy.

5 comments:

  1. Our little boy did the same thing for the first few weeks home - screamed like he was being tortured at the sight of our two dogs.

    Now he walks around with our dog following him and says "Dis John's dog. She love him." I've surrendered the fact that my first "baby" now prefers my littlest baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! It's beautiful to see these fears overcome and replaced by such fun and trust and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn!! I wish I would have still been there. It's precious moments like this that make good memories. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete