There are certain words, like
photos,
baca, and
aye, that have become such a common part of my daily vocabulary that they don't even seem odd anymore. I have several posts bouncing around in my brain, but I have to work tomorrow and shouldn't stay up too much later so, in the meantime, here's some
photos from the past week. The weather's been gorgeous and we've been spending quite a bit of time outside.
At the playground...
At the beach...
And putting in the garden...
 |
| Planting corn. |
 |
Gearing up to garden. Pink chicken shoes. Check. Cup
of coffee. Check. Little boy clinging to a leg. Check |
 |
| Beans... |
 |
| Tomatoes. |
 |
| Mission accomplished...except for chicken fortification. |
 |
We'll see if two fences, lots of twine, some screws, and some bamboo
poles keep the girls at bay. |
Awwww... the vegetable garden. Sorry I missed that, looks like sooo... much fun to me.
ReplyDeleteLove and miss you all!!!
Yo momma and their grandma
Can't wait to see your handy work! Very nice garden. We still had snow yesterday. It will be awhile before we can put a garden in.
ReplyDeleteThis will probably be the most irrelevant and inaccurate comment you receive, but heck it's worth a shot..... Here goes: I think A and E are starting to look alike?!?! I swear it. These eyes may be getting old, and they sure are tired, but I see what I see!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with work tomorrow! Hope it all goes smoothly -
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
Elizabeth - Thank You. More importantly, THANK YOU for the long email you sent regarding how to transition A & E to school. We're not there yet; I don't have to go back to work full time until the first week in May. Since the kids have been home, I have been working every Monday and Brent stays home with the kids.
ReplyDeleteI am one of those lazy, good-for-nothing public employees that sits around doing nothing collecting a fat paycheck and great benefits (read: my water conservation program is totally short staffed and would completely die without me unless I agreed to work Mondays and keep it limping along).
I did go and talk to the school administrator and teacher last week, and there are very on-board to helping A & E transition as smoothly as possible. They even offered some of the same suggestions you did. This week we're just going to swing by and play for an hour or two. I'll write a post at some point to update on how it is all going. Anyway, thanks again. You're email meat a lot and offered some great advice.
Rachel - hmm, I don't see it, but I think Elsa's face is filling out a bit and she may be getting a bit darker from all the time we spend outside. Also, her hair is really starting to grow. Maybe this all adds up to her looking more like Ashagre?
ReplyDeleteWe do get asked ALL THE TIME if they are twins, which seems pretty funny to me. I thought it might be a manifestation the statistic where white people see all black kids/people as the same (or asian kids, or hispanic kids...), but we had an African American couple ask us if they were twins the other day at a restaurant, so maybe you're actually on to something.
Dakota.....I just had to let you know that I was here this morning. I tried my best to catch up on what's been going on over in your neck of the woods, and this is how far down I made it =)
ReplyDeleteI loved hearing about how well the kids were doing and seeing all of the pictures.......Oh, how I miss you guys =(
Hugs...
Wendy