My parents left Ventura for Idaho last Tuesday. We all thoroughly enjoyed their visit and hope to hear news that they've sold their home and are moving to California sooner than later (feel fee to encourage them, or make an offer on the house if you see them).
While they were here, they totally spoiled Ashagre and Elsa. The kids got pretty much undivided attention from at least one adult for a week and a half. The colored, cut, folded, planted seeds, worked in the garden, took walks around the neighborhood, snuggled, read books, gathered eggs, did puzzles, played at the playground, helped with the cooking, made strawberry-rhubarb jam, rode scooters, got wet and sandy at the beach, and got tons of tickles, hugs, and love.
Right before they left, my parents left
Brent and me the kids the one of the best gifts of all: an
energy release cage enclosed trampoline . This thing is wonderful! The kids beg to use it. You
lock safely and securely enclose them in it and let them jump until they can jump no more while you
kick back in the lounging lawn chair and enjoy a thought of your own eagerly watch and encourage their astounding bouncing and acrobatic skills. When their attention span seems to be waning you can toss in a big blue ball and
garner at least 15 more minutes marvel at their inventiveness when they play. It has especially been welcome this week as we get to rush out and burn some energy between rain showers. Here's some pictures to show you how much fun is had jumping on the trampoline.
I think mom & dad should join them on the fun bouncy thing!
ReplyDeleteFYI: Happy (belated) Birthday Dakota! Sorry I didn't say it sooner, but we were out of town and I didn't get a chance to get to a computer till now. Hope you had a great one!!
ReplyDeleteWendy, we definitely do, except sometimes our backs and knees wish we wouldn't. But sometimes...it really is nice just to relax a bit while they're having a good time.
ReplyDeleteI love the strikethrough posts ... so hilarious.
ReplyDeleteI like that as I read each post, I think of Elsa and Ashagre more and more as siblings. When you first told us there were two kids for you guys and that they didn't know each other, I thought a lot about what that would mean, both the good and the challenging for each child. As I looked at the pictures of them on the trampoline and playing with each other, I thought of my own childhood and how my siblings were my playmates and we invented new games constantly. I think you have a great sister/brother combo on your hands!
JJ - I like your perspective on the sibling relationship. I have been really surprised at how quickly they seemed to form a sibling bond. They truly do enjoying playing with each other and are constantly making up games. I love listening to them from the other room. They are very supportive of each other, especially if one is having a tough time. They also like to pick on one another - true siblings. Tonight Elsa was helping Ashagre do a color by number since he doesn't really know his colors or his numbers yet. She helped him for nearly an hour and he really enjoyed working with her - so sweet.
ReplyDelete